Header Menu or Sidebar Not Working in IE10 and IE11
What to check first:
The .js files like the header.js, menu.js, sidebar.js and footer.js are not appearing on the webpages. This can be either on-line or on your local hard drive and applies only when viewing in Internet Explorer
- See links in sidebar on this page
Fix Option #1: Fixing the .js files:
- Are you using "preview" mode in your HTML software? Try opening your IE browser first then go to the problem webpage.
- Try emptying your browser cache and then refresh the webpage.
- If this is IE on an Apple computer, this browser is no longer supported.
- If it is not one of the above items do the steps below to fix your template files.
To fix the IE issue, edit all .js files in your template. In each .js file, on the very first line
of the .js file replace the following code:
...with two slashes like this:
At the very bottom of each .js file remove the following code (the line may have extra notes or characters, you should remove the entire line!
// End -->
js files that need to be edited:
You will need to do this edit in all template .js files
. Some templates may include .js files inside sub-folders. Check the following folders and files:
js files that do not need to be edited:
- footer-copyright.js (all footer and copyright .js files)
- menu.js (all menu .js files)
- sidebar.js (all sidebar .js files)
- video.js files in the "videos" folder (and sub-folders).
- slideshow.js files in the "slideshows" folder.
- homeflash.js in the "text-slideshow" folder.
- calendar.js in the "calendar.js" folder.
- player.js files in the "samples" or "sounds" folders.
- Check all other .js files in your template folder and sub-folders.
- Tip: You can use the folder search (or right click) on your template top level folder to search for .js files and can check the dates to make sure you edited them all (you may need to change the advanced options to search in subfolders).
The following files do not need this update.
Fix Option #2: Request a new download:
Requires re-editing your files:
- Files in the "scroller" folder.
- Files in the "jQuery" folder.
Optionally you can request a new download
and from the download zip file you can copy over all .js files. With this option you will need to re-edit your menu, header, footer and other .js files. Be sure you tell us you are downloading the template just for the .js files so we can send you the correct version download for your template model.
.js files not working
Adding new items to a .js file
Editing .js files