Flash Image-Text Slideshow
Support for Flash animation in Allwebco templates
If you have this application your template will include a text-slideshow
folder. See the help.html
included with your template download for the correct support links and setup info.
This slideshow displays .jpg images with text and titles, and will look similar to the following example (with number buttons) on your Allwebco template homepage.
Mobile devices and non-Flash browser notes:
This application includes detection for non-Flash enabled browsers. In mobile devices and browser that do not support Flash, only the "homeflash1.jpg" will be displayed as a static image.
Setup the first slide image and caption:
The homepage (index.html) Flash changer is showing 5 .jpg images with a title, text area, link text, and link for each slide. These 5 images are in the "text-slideshow" folder and are 850 x 300 pixels each. You can replace "homeflash1.jpg" through "homeflash5.jpg" with your .jpg images to update the homepage.
In the "text-slideshow" folder edit the "flash-slideshow.txt". There is a title?, text?, linktext? and link? for each slide. Edit the text following the "=" for each slide. Example: Edit the following for slide #1:
&linktext1= Click here text
In the extras folder there is a "flash-slideshow-BACKUP.txt" if you need a new copy of the "flash-slideshow.txt".
Changing the font face:
Three font choices and a "notext" slideshow version are included. Edit the "homeflash.js" in the "text-slideshow" folder to change the font face. Click visual below:
Black or white buttons can be used. Edit the "homeflash.js" in the "text-slideshow" folder to change the button color. Click visual below:
Background color and border:
The changer background color and border can be edited in the template .css files. Edit the ".homeflash" class in your css file.
Adding or removing a slide or changing image dimensions or speed:
This application only supports 5 slides and 850 x 300 pixels sized images. The speed is set in the programming level and can not be changed. If you require a custom edit you can contact Allwebco Templates.
Images or text are not working:
If you have replaced the images in the "text-slideshow" folder and they are not showing in the slideshow, here are some possible reasons.
Can I change the buttons?
- Do not save these .jpg images as "progressive". Be sure to save them as "standard" .jpg images. Try re-saving these images using a "save as" and be sure to select "standard".
- You did not flatten the image layers before saving the .jpg file.
- You have pasted new code incorrectly in the "flash-slideshow.txt". In the extras folder there is a "flash-slideshow-BACKUP.txt" if you need a new copy of this file.
- See also the images not showing after an edit support page.
- You have edited the wrong images or the template is not unzipped properly.
- If this problem is after uploading click here.
- If you are missing one image, recheck all your image names in the "text-slideshow" folder. They should all be lowercase and be named "homeflash1.jpg" through "homeflash5.jpg".
- If you require a new download you can contact us.
All Image-Text Slideshow buttons are coded in the Flash .swf file. This option is not included. You can contact us
if you require a custom modification.
Solving Flash errors after editing the flash.txt
Solving other Flash errors
Flash missing problems