Using the Gallery to Display Other File Types
Web template image gallery re-linking options
Default gallery image closeup link
Gallery pages in Allwebco templates are configured to show .jpg images. They can optionally be re-linked to display other types of files including mp4, mp3, pdf, html pages, or other web compliant file types.
Example source view code from a gallery htm page as used in Allwebco templates:
Editing the above code to the following will open a new webpage (or a video player application in some browsers) and display your video:
Or use the following to link to a PDF file that opens in a new browser window:
<a href="sample.pdf" target="_blank">
You can use target link code
to have links open new browser windows.
Linking gallery images to HTML pages
You can link your gallery images to other HTML pages or other gallery HTML pages. Example default code in a gallery .htm page.
...or your template may use the following...
Edit the above to the following to link to "yourpage.htm":
You can optionally use target link code
for a new browser window:
<a href="yourpage.htm" target="_blank">
Recommended "web safe" file types
The following file types are considered safe for linking to for downloading from websites and can not contain viruses, malicious scripts or macros.
Unsafe file types
- Video: mp4, m4v, mov, mpeg, mpg, ogv, webm, avi, wmv
- Audio: mp3, wav, ogg, aiff, mid
- Images: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tif, bmp
- Other: pdf, html, txt, pps (powerpoint presentation)
- Flash: swf, flv
- Compressed files: zip, rar
The following file types are considered unsafe for downloading from websites. They can contain viruses, malicious scripts and harmful macros.
Website Video Code
Welcome Message Popup
- Executable: exe, pif, msi, msp, jar, bat, js, jse, inf - malicious scripts
- Office Documents: doc, docx, xls, ppt - harmful macros
- If you're unsure, search at Google to see if your file type is web safe