XML Flash Image Changer Addon
Support for Flash applications in Allwebco templates
Update: jQuery Slideshow Add-on:
If you have this website application your download will include a file named image_changer_addon.xml
. See the help.html
included with your template or addon for the correct support links and setup info.
The jQuery Cycle Slideshow application is available to download. This application can be used to replace the unlimited or single XML changer addon. See: jQuery Cycle slideshow
for the the download.
5/20/10 This Flash application has been updated.
See: XML changer add-on support
Information on this support page is for the XML Flash changer add-on purchased before 5/20/10.
If your template download includes a built-in XML image changer click here.
The XML Flash Add-on image changer files can all be found in the downloaded zip file. All the images used in the changer will be in the "flash" folder in the zip file. Be sure to do all the steps on your "help-XML_changer.html".
Speed, slide order and variables:
Edit the "image_changer_addon.xml" by dragging this file into Notepad to change the XML variables. See the notes in this XML file for options. Click below for details.
Adding new slides:
There is no limit on the number of slides you can add. Edit the "image_changer_addon.xml" by dragging this file into Notepad to add new slides. Place your new slide .jpg images in your "flash" folder. Click below for editing details.
XML Flash changer size:
To change the size of the Flash XML changer: Find the image_changer_XML-?x?.swf size you need in the extras folder. Open the "samples-XML_changer.html" to see your size options and instructions. If you are using HTML page code be sure to edit the height and width in 2 places. If you are using .js code edit this in one place only.
Download extra sizes:
If the extras folder did not include a size you require click the link below to download more XML Add-on .swf files. These will only work with the "Add-on version" and not in models that included an XML changer in the template download.
Download extra XML Changer Add-on .swf files
SIZES included in the above download: 148wx
366h... << (For LX gallery templates)
If you need a custom size not included in your extras folder or in the above download you can contact us.
XML Flash background color:
See the "FADE-UP COLOR" section on your "help-XML_changer.html".
My images are not working:
If you have replaced these .jpg images and they are not showing up on the page here are some possible reasons.
- Do not save these .jpg images as "progressive". Be sure to save them as "standard" .jpg images. Try re-saving these images using a "save as" and be sure to select "standard".
- You have edited the wrong images or the template is not unzipped properly.
- The "image_changer_addon.xml" is not edited properly with your image names. Double check your work.
- You have used uppercase letters in the .jpg file names. Remember that hosting is case sensitive! Double check all file names and the "image_changer_addon.xml" image list.
If you do the steps on your "help-XML_changer.html" and the changer is not working:
Changer sticks on one image:
- Try doing the steps on the "help-XML_changer.html" again from the start.
- Your .jpg images may be saved incorrectly. See paragraph above.
- Perhaps your "flash" folder does not exist or is named incorrectly. Check this folder and rename it to all lowercase letters, or create it if needed.
- You are testing the wrong HTML page that you added the code to.
- You are editing on-line files instead of files on your hard drive.
- You have not used ALL the code from the sample pages in the download. Redo step #2 on your "help-XML_changer.html".
- You have an error in the sidebar.js or menu.js file. Click for help.
- If you have uploaded: Remember that hosting areas are case sensitive. Be sure all file and link names match exactly.
- NOTE: Always make backup files and test after each edit before you go to another edit. You can always delete your backups later.
This can be one of 2 problems. The most common error is that one image is missing that is listed in the "image_changer_addon.xml". Check that all images listed in the "image_changer_addon.xml" are in their proper folders and that all images are saved properly as indicated in the above section. Or, this error can be that you have the "image_changer_addon.xml" set to random and one image is just repeating. Try changing to "sequential" in the "image_changer_addon.xml" and test that all images are working and the XML changer goes all the way through all images. Then you can set this back to random.
Click here for solving Flash errors after editing the flash.txt
Click here for solving other Flash errors
Flash missing problems